Thursday, March 17, 2022

To the Strongest - rules summary and table mat

In our continued explorations of rules to use for our hoplite armies, we are going to ‘go big’ and play a full size hoplite encounter on a new game mat just made.

The mat is a material purchased at a local Spotlight store in Australia that is nicely priced. I got 3m worth which nicely gives me a ‘complete’ 16 (19cm wide) x 8 (18 cm deep) box areas. This will give me a mat that nicely holds my hoplite forces as well as my Sumerian army forces. The mat looks quite a ‘bright-ish’ yellow color but once the spray cans knock the colors down I think it works rather well.



I’ve laid an under sheet before spray painting.

The size of areas as mentioned, holds the requisite x1 standard unit, x1 small skirmish unit and potentially x1 General all in the same box.



Applying dark brown and mid green spray can colors tones down the yellow color of the mat with the box area (corners) defined by small dots - unambiguous but not too obtrusive. The whole thing for little cost.


16 x 8 boxes on an 11’ x 5’ table.



To the Strongest is quite straightforward however it is always useful to have a ‘quick start’ summary to hand to refresh before a game or to provide for new players to the system. 

I made up just such a synopsis that others might find useful. It includes the latest updates upfront Even Stronger v.9 based on rules TtS! v1.1a. If anything seems out of place or unclear post a comment and I’ll make the suitable adjustment - thanks.

TtS! - Summary


2 comments: